Tuesday, August 16, 2005

All Hail The Queen Bee!









I've decided to start a new feature after getting so bored w/ blogging in general & my ill-fated pink pic of the week bullshit. Now it's all about Redheads. So in tribute of the power of redheads the new feature will be the redhead of the week or day I still haven't decided since I love many a redhead from afar & I want to blog about them NOW!!! But I also don't wanna run out of material too early. I'm not alone on the redhead thing I read at http://www.madonnalicious.com, a rumor Madonna might have red hair on her new album cover for Confessions On A Dancefloor.
So to inaugurate the feature this week/ day's redhead is none other than Shirley Manson!!! She's the best singer in rock music right now & one of the best lyricists and all around great rock stars. Garbage albums are always so dangerous & sexy. She's like one of the first redheads I fell in love with. Redheads just do it better. I mean hello she gave me the feather boa off her back during a show. It was in Houston, Texas November something. 2001 or 2002? I can't remember right now. I have to go and look for the ticket stub. It was one of the best shows I've been to not just cause of the baby pink boa. The Distillers opened the show, then it was an amazing set by garbage, topped off by No Doubt. Brody, Shirley, & Gwen were all in top form. It was an amazing bill and it fit me like the most perfect glove. I was really into each band at the time. I love that Shirley has now gone back to her natural red hair that's the Shirley I fell in love with back in '95 when my friend Jackie & I first heard "only happy when it rains" & I went out & bought the single at a Music Land or Sam Goody whilst on a school trip out of town. The last time I saw her in concert her hair was in a transitional period, no longer the baby blonde which I also loved. I loved that she just cut it all off & bleached it baby blonde. It reminded me of Siouxsie Sioux when she appeared on that show with the Sex Pistols with that Grundy guy or something. I saw that old news clip where they peppered the interview with a couple of obscenities and what not & got into all that trouble. Siouxsie was part of their entourage & she looked insane in her bleached hair & wild outfit & I thought to myself: popstars no longer take chances with their "image" & then Shirley went & recreated the the look & I was floored. It's too bad that she no longer posts her web diaries at http://www.garbage.com. At least I haven't bumped into them. They were really good reads. I do love love love the look of the website & all the new videos for their singles which are really really good. I love the nod Shirley sent out to the greatest one of them all Debbie Harry. I can't wait to hear the mashup performance Garbage are doing with Peaches. I love love love Peaches & it's cuz of Shirley that I was first introduced to Peaches after reading about her in one of Shirley's web diaries. Cuz of her enthusiasm I was turned on to Peaches. Thank You Shirley!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home