Tuesday, September 06, 2005

"Gwen Stefani & All That..."


I'm here wondering what will be on Gwen Stefani's setlist for her Harajuku Lovers 2005 tour. I have almost No Doubt (*pun intended) that the setlist will be the same for the entire tour. Here's hoping she'll perform all the singles, hello that's a no brainer. I mean why else would you release a single and not perform it on tour. Those are the songs everyone wants to hear. It's weird how Stefani has released her singles in the same order they are on the record. First came "What You Waiting For?," then "Rich Girl," then "Hollaback Girl" and most recently "Cool." (which is like "Crazy For You" for the aught generation.) [Coincidence?] She'll probably perform one of them as the last song or somewhere in the encore. I'm thinking "What You Waiting For?" will be the last song. I hope to God she performs every song off of L.A.M.B. It would be great if she performed at least one new song. Is she going to release a new album before the year's end even after touring & working on her fashion line. In all these articles I've read it says L.A.M.B. version 2.0 will be released b4 the year ends but I don't know, she sounds awfully busy. Although I would love love love a new Stefani record. It would also be great if she performed some covers perhaps Madonna's "Into the Groove." I would die if Gwen did that, that would truly be the shit. After all she cited that track as an influence for L.A.M.B. It would also be cool for her to cover Lisa Lisa & the Cult Jam's " I Wonder If I Take You Home" but with Fergie using it for "Don't Phunk With My Heart," I don't know. Maybe Gwen & Fergie could sing "I Wonder." Another great cover would be a New Order song or a Prince song or even Club Nouveau's "Why You Treat Me So Bad?" I can't wait to hear the music before the concert starts. I always love to hear the music selected to be played before the concert starts. You always get to hear some pretty interesting stuff.
Gwen really has to perform some of her No Doubt songs perhaps "Don't Speak" or a "Simple Kind Of Life" which would kill me. "Bathwater," "Suspension Without Suspense," "Making Out," "Platinum Blonde Life" any No Doubt song would be great but those are the ones that really floor me. I hope her set is longer than an hour and a half. I can't wait to hear what the songs will sound like live, here's hoping no lipsynching. But Gwen wouldn't do that she's from the Rock world after all. I wonder if the songs are going to be remixed in some sorta way. I can't wait to see the outfits (will there be multiple costume changes???), the sets & background, and the light designs. Well if her performances on award shows and talk shows are any indication it should be really really good. "Super Kawali!!!!"

My Ideal Gwen Stefani setlist

an instrumental version of "What You Waiting For?"
(Gwen appears on stage goes into )
"Hollaback Girl"
"Rich Girl"
"Platinum Blonde Life"
"Harajuku Girls"
"Bathwater"
"Bubble Pop Electric"
"Serious"
"Simple Kind Of Life"
"Cool"
"Crazy For You"
NEW SONG
"Into the Groove"
"The Real Thing"
"Crash"
"Making Out"
"Luxurious"
"The Danger Zone"
"It's My Life"
"Long Way to Go"
"What You Waiting For?"

* it looks kinda long but "oh well whatever...nevermind"

*just some suggestions from a big fan but I'll go for any setlist Gwennie Gwen Gwen performs*

p.s. Whatever happenend to that contest her & MTV were having to win a spot in one of her videos? I guess releasing "Harajuku Girls" as a single & video was a no go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home